Every once in a while a scent comes along that totally takes your breath away and this Blackberry & Vanilla Musk Body Polish ($48/19oz @ hsn.com) from TRISH McEVOY is one of those. Blackberry? Vanilla? And musk? Such a nice combination. This sugar-based scrub is a total body treat.
Browsing Trish McEvoy
Like people, great makeup brushes come in all shapes and sizes and I’m sure you know that you need to use good ones to get the right application. So throw out those flimsy small eye shadow applicators and step up your game with any of these as we continue our feature on great makeup brushes.
BARE ESCENTUALS Double-Ended Liner Shadow Brush ($24 @ macys.com)
PHILOSOPHY The Supernatural Multi-Use Brush ($25 @ nordstrom.com)
ESSENCE OF BEAUTY Synthetic Foundation and Powder Brush ($7.99 @ cvs.com)
TRISH MCEVOY #50 Angled Eye Lining ($25 @ bloomingdales.com)
MAKEUP DESIGNORY Shadow Fluff Brush #330 ($19 @ mudshop.com)
CLINIQUE Foundation Brush ($28 @ neimanmarcus.com)
In continuing our coverage of great makeup brushes, we have some more recommendations. Some are brand new and some are not but they all get the thumbs up from us.
- URBAN DECAY’s new Big Buddha Brush ($36 @ ulta.com) is their answer to the kabuki brush. It’s 3” tall and 2” wide and made of the manmade fiber, Taklon.
- Use the tip of TRISH McEVOY #23 Angled Crease Contour ($32 @ saks.com) to get color deep into the crease and then use the flat part to blend the color in.
- JAPONESQUE Travel Angled Foundation ($23 @ dermstore.com) brush is made from Taklon and is pointed to help you get into those corners around the nose.
- DEBRA MACKI Angled Blush Brush ($28 @ debramacki.com) is made with pony hair and the angle helps sculpt the perfect cheek.
- ESSENCE OF BEAUTY Blender Brush ($7.99 @ cvs.com) is made of natural hair and especially for mineral makeup and will blend, blend, blend your bronzer, foundation or blush. Big recommendation.
This is our last installment of Red, Red Lips and we have some serious ones on this list. Just do me one favor when it comes to red lipsticks, don’t let the look in the tube deceive you from trying what could be, your perfect shade!
- NARS Lipstick in Jungle Red ($23 @ net-a-porter.com) – this is one bright red! It’s matte and very pigmented.
- MAC new Mattene Lipstick in You Say Tomato ($14.50 @ nordstrom.com) – semi-matte bright orange-red. For the experienced only!
- SHISEIDO The Makeup Perfecting Lipstick in Red Luxe ($22 @ sephora.com) – you need sunglasses when you put this shade on. Bright and creamy. Proceed with caution.
- DIANNE BRILL COSMETICS Lip Lingerie Lipstick in Cuban Heel ($28 @ beautyhabit.com) – when I think of this line, I think of this rich cocoa red. Deeply pigmented and it’s one of those that is lighter red on lips than it appears.
- URBAN APOTHECARY Big Fat Kiss in Smirk ($20 @ urbanapothecary.com) – part gloss part lipstick. This is a warm glossy red that will make your lips look wet.
- SCOTT BARNES Lip Suede in Crystal ($24 @ scottbarnes.com) – thick and rich pigment. Scott doesn’t mess around with sheers. This is a serious girls’ red lipstick.
- OPI Lip Color in St. Petersburgundy ($10 @ opi.com) – this is a deep burgundy red, like a shade you see on a model in a magazine. Pair with a pearl necklace and your look is ready.
- TRISH McEVOY Flawless Lip Sheer Lip Liner in Rouge ($20 @ nordstrom.com) – for perfect precision with any red, use a pencil to line. This rosy red is not too dry or oily and it stays put.
- LIPSTICK QUEEN Lipstick in Rouge Sinner ($18 @ bloomingdales.com) – "all pigment and no shimmer or frost" is their tag line. This is a serious dark red.
- SHU UEMURA Rouge Unlimited Red Collection in #195 ($23 @ shuuemura.com) – they are so confident about their formula for red, they came out with a whole collection of them. This one is silky and on the sheerer side.
- SUKI COLOR Pure Cream Stain in Vermillion ($36.50 @ sukipure.com) – this glass pot is filled with pure deep burgundy wine pigment. Swipe this creamy mineral color on lips, cheeks, everywhere. Very sheer.
I really like the concept of putting mascara in a metal tube with a metal wand. Seems like it stays fresher that way. TRISH McEVOY High Volume Mascara has a special wand that helps you get each little lash and build them into big think lashes. The Jet Black color is highly pigmented so you can build full sweeping lashes every time. $26 @ nordstrom.com ~Lisa
TRISH McEVOY Eye Base Essentials ($22) will not only extend the wear of your eye shadow but it’s waterproof so cry, cry away at that upcoming wedding. Available in Sand, Vanilla, Soft Peach and Linen.
There’s also a new Luminizing Eye Base Essentials that can be worn under shadow or alone. $22 each @ nordstrom.com.