What triggered this post’s topic was seeing this YouTube video by NikkieTutorials and her declaration that Nivea Men Sensitive Shave Balm worked as a great makeup primer! It got me thinking of other items that have been used in ways other than intended.
5 Unconventional Beauty Products
So these are a few that I could think of off the top of my head. Do you have any to add? Let me know in the comments!
1. Preparation H – I think this trend came from the drag world of using it for under eye bags, and well, to deflate them.
2. Credit Card – In addition to Scotch tape, I’ve seen a few videos of using a card to get the perfect winged eyeliner. Just place it at an angle at the outer corner of the eye as a guide when applying the liner pencil or liquid.
3. Spoon – I’ve seen this used like the above not only as a guide to get a good winged liner but also as a guide to getting a clearly defined line of color along the bottom of each brow.
4. Milk of Magnesia – Again I think this trend came from the world of drag and has been around for a long time. Some swear by this one as a face primer for keeping makeup on long and strong.
5. Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm – And as I mentioned, this one started the thought behind this post. And of course I will be trying it out!