Lately, I’ve been watching quite a few videos by Australian YouTuber, Schellea Fowlwer, on her fabulous50 channel. She focuses on tips and tricks of applying makeup for those who are older. I’m not 50 yet but I have hooded lids and lines around my lips, and she shares tips on how to work with these aspects. There’s almost nothing I love to watch more on YouTube, and she just gives me the most useful tips and they are easy to replicate.
Her '5 Biggest Makeup Mistakes On Mature Eyes Tutorial Over 50 by Fabulous50s' was my introduction to her and I've referred back to it a few times. Since gravity is already working against you to drag the outside corners of your eyes down, her whole point of this video is that you should always look for ways to bring the eyes up in that area and not down. I was doing a few of her "don'ts" so it was nice to see what they were and why some are not flattering.
Pull away tips:
- A thick line of liner on the mobile lid will make your eyes appear smaller. Tighlining the top lid is better.
- Black liner on the bottom water liner can make eyes look more almond shaped.
- Don’t follow nature when applying shadow! Don’t bring the shadow all the way down on the outside.
- Neutral or nude eyeliner pencil can open up the eye look.
- Eye primer is a must!
- Only apply a highlighter in the middle just under the brow, not all the way across.
Since I’m loving the new PIXI BEAUTY Eye Reflections Shadow Palette in Natural Beauty ($24 @ pixibeauty.com) I thought I’d try it out using some of her tips. The palette has both mattes and shimmers in it so this sole one can be used to create a whole look.
Click the link to see how I did it and what I used!
Click here to read more