This is our last installment of Red, Red Lips and we have some serious ones on this list. Just do me one favor when it comes to red lipsticks, don’t let the look in the tube deceive you from trying what could be, your perfect shade!
- NARS Lipstick in Jungle Red ($23 @ net-a-porter.com) – this is one bright red! It’s matte and very pigmented.
- MAC new Mattene Lipstick in You Say Tomato ($14.50 @ nordstrom.com) – semi-matte bright orange-red. For the experienced only!
- SHISEIDO The Makeup Perfecting Lipstick in Red Luxe ($22 @ sephora.com) – you need sunglasses when you put this shade on. Bright and creamy. Proceed with caution.
- DIANNE BRILL COSMETICS Lip Lingerie Lipstick in Cuban Heel ($28 @ beautyhabit.com) – when I think of this line, I think of this rich cocoa red. Deeply pigmented and it’s one of those that is lighter red on lips than it appears.
- URBAN APOTHECARY Big Fat Kiss in Smirk ($20 @ urbanapothecary.com) – part gloss part lipstick. This is a warm glossy red that will make your lips look wet.
- SCOTT BARNES Lip Suede in Crystal ($24 @ scottbarnes.com) – thick and rich pigment. Scott doesn’t mess around with sheers. This is a serious girls’ red lipstick.
- OPI Lip Color in St. Petersburgundy ($10 @ opi.com) – this is a deep burgundy red, like a shade you see on a model in a magazine. Pair with a pearl necklace and your look is ready.
- TRISH McEVOY Flawless Lip Sheer Lip Liner in Rouge ($20 @ nordstrom.com) – for perfect precision with any red, use a pencil to line. This rosy red is not too dry or oily and it stays put.
- LIPSTICK QUEEN Lipstick in Rouge Sinner ($18 @ bloomingdales.com) – "all pigment and no shimmer or frost" is their tag line. This is a serious dark red.
- SHU UEMURA Rouge Unlimited Red Collection in #195 ($23 @ shuuemura.com) – they are so confident about their formula for red, they came out with a whole collection of them. This one is silky and on the sheerer side.
- SUKI COLOR Pure Cream Stain in Vermillion ($36.50 @ sukipure.com) – this glass pot is filled with pure deep burgundy wine pigment. Swipe this creamy mineral color on lips, cheeks, everywhere. Very sheer.
We know that not every red will fit every person so Linda, one of our faithful readers, has a suggestion for those with lips on the thin side or if you are over 40. “I found two from GARDEN BOTANIKA that are sheer and glossy and give my lips a deep red hue. The colors are Vitamin E Lip Tint’s Rhubarb and Black Raspberry Volumizing Lipstick. Despite the names they look red on my lips.” Thanks Linda!