Get Acquainted With … Argan Oil
I’m starting a new on-going feature here on the site called Get Acquainted With … where I spotlight a brand, ingredient or trend I think you should be aware of. First up is Argania Spinosa Kernal Oil, also known as Argan Oil. Argan Oil is a plant oil produced from the kernals of the argan tree that is andemic to Morocco. It can be used to help heal burns, in foods like to dip breads and on salads. In beauty it is known for its super moisturizing properties, to help with juvenile acne and of course in hair and body products. Source: Wikipedia.org.
Here are some that use it in beauty products:
1. YES TO BLUEBERRIES Face & Neck Oil $15.99/1oz @ walgreens.com.
2. BOTANIC ORGANIC Pomegranate & Argan Antioxidant Serum $30/1oz @ botanicorganic.com.
3. DERMORGANIC Leave-In Spray Therapy $19.99/3.4oz @ target.com.
4. NAIR 'Shower Power' Max with Moroccan Argan Oil $8.99/13oz @ walgreens.com.
5. HERBAL ESSENCES Moroccan My Shine Nourishing Shampoo and Nourishing Conditioner $4.49/10.1oz each @ walgreens.com.
Now if you just want to cut out all the other ingredients like silicones and others that can be found in the above products and just get to the nitty-gritty, there are quite a few companies that make 100% Pure Argan Oil:
1. JOSIE MARAN 100 Percent Pure Argan Oil $16/.5oz, $48/1.7oz, $96/5oz @ sephora.com.
2. ACURE ORGANICS 100% Certified Organic Argan Oil $14.99/1oz @ walgreens.com.
3. SHEA TERRA ORGANICS 100% Organic Moroccan Argan Oil $24/2oz @ walgreens.com.
Disclosure: Some of these items were provided for review purposes. Some I bought.