How to Really Get Your Makeup Done in 5 Minutes
The secret to getting your makeup look done and out the door in 5 minutes is to use multi-taskers like ones that are tinted. Since you don’t have to be as precise with tinted versions, time is on your side. Here are some in each category you should cover in order to at least look polished.
First up is a Tinted Moisturizer or tinted BB Cream. They can be applied with your fingers or a sponge and not only are they usually available in quite a few shades but they give just a hint of tint so you don’t have to worry about overdoing it. And some even come with a built-in SPF, so you’re saving a few extra seconds on your routine right there! Here are some I recommend:
1. PIXI BEAUTY H2O Skintint $24/1.18oz @ target.com
2. BEAUTY ADDICTS Mineral SheerTINT $32/1.25oz @ beautyaddicts.com
4. TOO FACED Tinted Beauty Balm SPF 20 $34/1.5oz @ toofaced.com
Just remember that if you do choose one that doesn’t contain sunscreen, make sure you apply some before one of these.
Second, I recommend on a Tinted Lip Balm. Like the aforementioned, it gives you just a hint of tint so precision is not required, for the most part. And they come in an array of shades – from beiges to pinks and purples to reds. Some almost look like a lipstick they are so pigmented. So I recommend trying a few different brands to find one or two that suit you. And with these you can even keep them right in the car and swipe your lips with them at a red light (we don’t apply makeup while driving, right?). And keeping them in the car shaves off yet another few seconds of precious time on your morning routine. Here are some that I recommend:
1. PIXI BEAUTY Tinted Brilliance Balm in Bitten Berry $14 @ target.com
2. COVERGIRL Lipslicks Smoochies Lip Balm in Tweet Me $5.49 @ bedbathandbeyond.com.
4. BURT’S BEES Tinted Lip Balm in Red Dahlia $7 @ burtsbees.com
5. NYX COSMETICS Color Lip Balm in Xie Xie $4 @ urbanoutfitters.com
6. E.L.F. Essential Lip Balm Tint in Grapefruit $2 @ eyeslipsface.com
Next is mascara. My favorite is this one but any one you are favoring at the moment will do. And if you have time to curl your lashes, all the better!
And nothing shapes the face like well-groomed brows. I inherited my father’s crazy French brows so I’m quite use to taming strays that stick up and every-which-way. These ones shown here not only keep hairs in place but they also add a touch of color so they do some double-duty at filling in.
So, how do you put together your 5-minute face?
Disclosure: Some of these items were provided for review purposes. Some I bought.