Cybelesays Special Report - 2013 IMATS
Two huge questions looming over this year’s IMATS (International Make-up Artist Trade Show) show in Pasadena, CA this past weekend – where was Nyx? Where was Make Up For Ever? Two huge brands that always had huge set ups in this show but both were no shows this year. I wonder what’s up.
Anyway, it was super busy, as it is every year at the show, and I of course made a list of things/companies I wanted to check out. Want to see what I hauled? Here's the pic and click after the jump to see the list!
- Lashes from Ardell (got a sneak peak at some new types coming out that I’ll share with you shortly!)
- Magic Styl’O Semi Permanent Makeup Pen Eyeliner in Black Velvet, Midnight Blue and Gorgeous Brown
- Fantabulash Adhesive Eyelash Tape (am super excited to try this)
- ORG Skincare Organic Mineral Peel Face (a pre-face primer product. Will let you know how this works)
- Stilazzi Double Take Lashes (4 pairs)
I also got a tutorial on Violent Lips’ Violent Eyes. I’ve tries them a few times and just couldn’t get them go on my eye area correctly but I guess I wasn’t using enough water on the paper backing to release the colored strip. Will try again and let you know how it goes as they really do seem so fun to wear.
There were some other brands I wanted to pick up – KA’OIR – too expensive ($28 for a lipstick and the glitter, uh…no), Lime Crime – were out of the Velvetines, Tokyo Crush Wigs – out of the pin-up wig I wanted and I couldn’t find Lit Cosmetics there. Did I miss them?
Overall, it was a fun show but I really think they need to move it to a bigger venue as both day’s shows sold out about 1 week before thus locking out a lot of people who wanted to come, and well, spend money! Will I see you at next year’s IMATS show?