It's a foundation showdown between Laura Mercier and IT Cosmetics! Two that seem to be very similar but one may have something a little extra, so who will take it? See the details on each below!
First up --
What It Is: A 12-hour wear, oil-free foundation that blurs the appearance of imperfections for a smoother-looking complexion. What it does:Laura Mercier’s lightweight foundation leaves skin with a natural-looking matte finish. It works on all skin types, visibly evening skintone and minimizing the appearance of pores. Infused with Hydro-Brilliant Technology, featuring reflective waters and natural silica that create brilliant color-true shades, it is humidity-proof, sweat-proof, and water-resistant for longer, carefree wear. Available in 24 shades.
In trying to branch out when it comes covering more than just beauty products, I said yes, when I was asked if I wanted to try out the THOMPSON TEE. Now that I’m over 40, it seems that my body has changed again when it comes to sweating in that, well, I think I just do it more. Maybe I haven’t found a good deodorant? Or maybe I just need to accept my new situation. So you can imagine that I was quite excited when they contacted me to try it out.
So how can the Thompson Tee help me? Well, it’s supposed to do is block armpit sweat from passing through the shirt as it’s made with Hydro-Shield Sweat Proof Technology. And don’t worry about having to treat this tee any different than any other you wear – it’s made of 100% cotton and totally machine washable.
Not onto the test!
1. OLIVIA GARDEN FingerBrush Vented Hair Brush ($13.96/small, $14.76/medium, $15.56/large @ oliviagarden.com and ulta.com) – I’ve never really turned to a hair brush to give me a great scalp massage but this one really does! The curved shape helps it hug the scalp and it has ionic bristles to help hair dry fast when used with a blow dryer.
2. OSCAR BLANDI Polish Blow-Out Crème ($25/4.2oz @ oscarblandi.com and folica.com) – Never does a blow-dry session go by where I don’t use a defrizz product. And this one from OB is doing it for me right now. The Jasmine Calming Complex it help repel humidity keep frizz and flyaways far away.
3. SHU UEMURA Detail Master Directional Fixing Spray ($38/6.3oz @ shuuemuraartofhair-usa.com) – I’ve been practicing my 40’s vintage hair waves lately and this spray really helps hold it the style in place without being crunchy.
4. KERASTASE Laque Dentelle Micro Mist Fixing Hairspray ($20.50/2oz, $36/8oz @ kerastase-usa.com) – a product that can be used with heat tools seems to be a rare find these days but I’m really loving this one as it helps my hair curls last longer than without and no product crunch when using it.
5. ECRU NEW YORK Acacia Protein Hair Masque ($25/8oz ecrunewyork.com) – with all that we put our hair through these days, a quality hair mask is simply essential. This one contains Acacia Collagen, sunflower seed oil, Shea Butter and Marine Extracts to repair strands.
6. DEVA CURL My Deva Towel ($12 @ mydevacurl.com) – are you still using a regular ol’ towel on your hair when you get out of the shower? Terry cloth towels promote frizz and are poor at drying the hair and this can be used on any type of hair.
Disclosure: Samples of these items were provided for review purposes.
I was able to get my bloody paws on the new MAKE UP FOR EVER 30 Years 30 Colors 30 Artists Palette today and wanted to share some info and pics with you on it.
What It Is: In celebration of their 30th anniversary, MAKE UP FOR EVER partnered with 30 elite makeup artists from all areas of the industry including celebrity, fashion and beauty, TV film and theater as well as Brand Creator & Artistic Director Dany Sanz. The brand’s unique story is shared through the eyes of these artists who helped shape it into a cult favorite for professionals and the public.
The palette is divided into three black trays each carrying 10 shadows in the following 3 categories: smoky, brights, and neutrals…”
And as you can see here, I’m jumping on the brights in the box to show you them right now!
Do you have a favorite scene in the Pulp Fiction movie? I think everyone does! I mean who can forget the dance, Urge Overkill’s awesome rendition of, “Girl You’ll Be A Woman Soon,” the shot of adrenaline … and that’s just the standouts in the first hour of the movie!
URBAN DECAY just put out the Pulp Fiction Collection of 5 products that was inspired by Ms. Uma’s character of Mia Wallace. Of course my big question since I first heard about this collection last month was, why now? And then I saw that the movie came out exactly 20 years ago this year but imdb.com sets the date as September 23rd, so even though it’s a tad early, it still counts!
When was the last time you used a bar of soap to clean your skin? Ok, I felt that “ewww” through the computer but don’t write them off quite yet. I want to introduce you to the EUMORA Facial Bars. The brand is based out of Singapore and has sales all over the world. The secret to their formula is the naturally derived ingredients and a combination of Moor, HmA Factor and a good base. To break that down, Moor is a powerful antioxidant mud found in Austria that’s packed with mixture of vitamins, minerals and phyto-nutrients. HmA is a concentration of natural active ingredients extracted from the essence of MicroAlgae, which is found in Hawaii’s fresh water lakes. It’s high in vitamins B1, B2, B3, niacin and helps the skin ward off free radicals. So this is a seriously concentrated facial cleanser!
I found the formula to work pretty like any other facial cleanser and after washing, my skin just felt clean, not tight or dry. And in order to get the most out of this, they recommend you leave it on your face for 3 to 5 minutes. Seems like this should be a requirement of any facial cleanser you use, don't you think? I mean, it's really the only way to fully get the most out of anything you put on your face by letting the ingredients do their work and only time will allow that to happen! Maybe I'll start doing this will all my facial cleansers... Anyway, after the few minutes, just wash it off and let your skin air dry.
Has your skin ever freaked out after starting a new skin care routine? Gets dry, itchy or even cause breakouts? Yeah, mine too (I usually get some pimples in areas). The brand calls this a “healing crisis,” and can be expected with some people when they start using a new product, and with these Facial bars, it’s actually a sign that the ingredients are working so don’t worry, it’s only temporary. Just make sure to use a good moisturizer after washing if this occurs.
There are 4 bars x 25g in each box and each bar should last you about 4 months. So @ $150 for the box, this is actually a tremendous deal! Think about how often and how much you spend on a facial cleanser each year. Get yours @ eumora.com.
They also have a sampling program so you can “try it before you buy it,” which I strongly recommend. The program is launching any second now (literally) @ TryEumora.com, so get on over and try it! Also, on your sample box you receive in the mail you will see a code for a discount on your first purchase of the full size box, so there’s yet another incentive to trying this one out
And the brand was kind enough to give me some boxes to giveaway to you, so click here or enter below to win your own box of Eumora Facial Bars.
This is a sponsored post, however, all words are my own.
The secret to getting your makeup look done and out the door in 5 minutes is to use multi-taskers like ones that are tinted. Since you don’t have to be as precise with tinted versions, time is on your side. Here are some in each category you should cover in order to at least look polished.
First up is a Tinted Moisturizer or tinted BB Cream. They can be applied with your fingers or a sponge and not only are they usually available in quite a few shades but they give just a hint of tint so you don’t have to worry about overdoing it. And some even come with a built-in SPF, so you’re saving a few extra seconds on your routine right there! Here are some I recommend:
1. PIXI BEAUTY H2O Skintint $24/1.18oz @ pixibeauty.com
2. BEAUTY ADDICTS Mineral SheerTINT $32/1.25oz @ beautyaddicts.com
Just remember that if you do choose one that doesn’t contain sunscreen, make sure you apply some before one of these.
Are you a fan of the subscription box craze? I have not deboxed one in some time but I got my unboxing on with the latest one from a collab from GLOSSYBOX and CosmoProf North America (CPNA). By now you know what Glossybox is but what is CPNA? It’s one of the biggest beauty tradeshows that takes place in Las Vegas every July, so this year’s took place just a few weeks ago. When I attended the first one ever many years ago, it was different than what it is now, which is more brand-friendly, so I may check out next year’s show.
Anyway, back to this beauty box. The collaboration called Boutique ~ GLOSSYBOX, debuted at the show and allowed attendees to hand-pick 7 deluxe samples from 20 featured exhibiting brands and this one I received to check out came with the following:
- Mastey Color Protecting Leave In Therapy Spray (8oz)
- OPI Nail Lacquer in Pink Through It (full size)
- Dr. Lili Fan Probiotic Age-Defying Eye Serum (.5oz)
- Be A Bombshell Cosmetics The One Stick in Flustered (full size)
- Skin Nutrition Cell-CPR (.34oz sample size)
- Royal Apothic Cream Crème Moisturizing Body Crème (.5oz sample size)
- Kokostar Deep Conditioning Steam Hair Wrap (one piece)
Some pretty great stuff inside this one but know that once this one sells out on their site, that’s it. What I like about this one is that it contained some brands I was not familiar with! Yeah! I love to try new-to-me brands. This limited edition box is $40 and goes on sale @ glossybox.com starting tomorrow August 15th, so make sure you get yours!
I thought we had a brand new product on our hands from DOLCE & GABBANA with these Passion Duo Gloss Fusion Lipsticks ($36 @ sephora.com and saks.com) but upon doing some research, I found that these are just new added colors to the existing collection. Doh! I just love trying out a new category of beauty product.
What It Is: A velvety smooth lipstick with a satin gloss center. (the outside core) is matte pigment and a high-shine core that delivers a burst of boundless moisture for an impeccably balanced and sensual effect. Smooth, soft, and deliciously drenching, the Passion Duo Lipstick leaves lips with a sumptuous depth and scale of color.
Wanna know what my take on these is? Click after the jump!