Strobing? Highlighting? Bronzing? No matter which you choose to do, they’re all hot now. Do you have a favorite? I find that highlighting/strobing 2 features max in any look is more than enough. I mean, you want to look natural, just better, and not completely fake.
Here are 5 that I’ve been using the past few weeks. Do you see a favorite?
1. LUNE+ASTER Moonrise Glow & Contour Bronzing Palette - $46 @ bluemercury.com – this is a really serious highlighting duo. One side is the glowing bronzer and the other is the candlelight-effect highlighter. I’m really only into matte bronzers so I’ve been using both along tops of my cheek bones.
2. CHELLA Highlighter Pencil in Ivory Lace $18 @ chella.com, dermstore.com – this highlighter has quite a cult following and I see why! It works under the eyebrow, along the cupids bow, inner corners of the eyes and more. No shimmer or glow here, which is nice when I’m not in the mood for it. There’s just something about this super light matte pink shade they call Ivory Lace that works with almost every skin tone.
3. MAYBELLINE NEW YORK Face Studio Master Strobing Stick in Medium Nude Glow - $7.99 @ target.com – this has become my go-to for highlighting my cheekbones and inner corner of my eyes. This one seems to blend perfectly into my skin tone not really adding any color, just glow!
4. MAYBELLINE NEW YORK Face Studio Master Contour V-Shape Duo Stick in Medium - $7.99 @ target.com – why did it take so long for someone to come up with a duo-colored stick like this? Use the light side for highlighting/strobing and the darker side to define cheeks, contour the nose, and jawline.
5. PIXI BY PETRA Beauty Blush Duo + Kabuki in Peach Honey - $18 @ pixibeauty.com, target.com – I’m not a fan of any shimmer or any other effects in my blush (I’m a matte girl on that front too) so I’ve been using this like the Lune+Aster one, upper cheeks and under the brow bone.
Disclosure: Some of these items were provided for review purposes. Some I bought.