Are you into the whole face sculpting trend yet? I’m still working on getting it down; I always feel like I have too much makeup on when I do it! Anyway, if you’re not into it and just into ol’ fashioned blush, read on! MAKE UP FOR EVER recently came out with HD Blush and HD Pressed Powder. I am so behind on getting to these but better late than never, so onward!
Browsing Make Up For Ever
1. CROWN BRUSH Set 700P – 5 PC. Essentials Set w/Purple Tips ($19.95 @ crownbrush.us) – the perfect set of tools for on the go. This cloth pouch contains all your essentials – Powder Dome, Oval Foundation, Oval Shadow, Oval Detail and Angle Liner. And the purple tips of the brushes are really chic.
2. PIXI BEAUTY Precision Brush ($12) and Shadow Brush from their new Brush Collection – both and more @ pixibeauty.com – the Pixi line is really expanding the brand! First this and now brushes. The Precision Brush is stubbed, which is great for creating a smoky eye or for smudging shadow or liner.
And I’m a sucker for a great all-purpose Shadow Brush, which is the perfect size for many different applications on the lid and above.
3. GUERLAIN Terracotta Bronzing Powder Brush ($42 @ sephora.com) – this is the Rolls Royce of bronzing brushes. Everything about it says luxe! From the deep red bristles to the bronze-colored suede pouch with magnetic closure it comes in.
4. BDELLUIM TOOLS All-Purpose Blusher #964 – part of the Anti-Bacterial Brush Collection ($14.75 @ bdelliumtools.com) – confused about all the different blush brushes out there? This one is a good option then! As the name states, it’s an all-purpose and can handle any blush you buff on it. This 8.5” long brush uses natural and synthetic fibers in the hair.
5. MAKE UP FOR EVER #158 Double Ended Sculpting Brush ($53 @ sephora.com) – love the brand’s newest makeup brushes and this double-ended brush covers a lot of uses – blush, face powder, and bronzer. Only use animal-free products? This one’s safe for you.
Disclosure: Some of these items were provided for review purposes. Some I bought.
Ok, ok, we’ve all used the plastic lash combs but can we get serious?? They suck!! Really. Truly. Suck! The plastic teeth are just too thick to get through lashes when they are coated with mascara and when I do get them through, the teeth seem to clump together 3, 4 or 5 eyelashes together. Done with that and believe me!
So I have to ask ...
What Makes for a Great Eyelash Comb?
Here are my selling points for making eyelash comb with metal teeth the only ones in existence!
- The teeth in metal combs are thinner so they are able to get in-between each lash easier.
- The metal teeth clean up easier with a little makeup remover.
- The metal teeth don’t break.
Here are a few that get my stamp of approval:
SEPHORA COLLECTION Pro Brow Comb #21 ($14 @ sephora.com)
MAKE UP FOR EVER #276 Eyelash Comb & Brush ($28 @ sephora.com)
ARDELL Lash Comb ($1.65 @ madamemadeline.com)
What kind of lash comb do you currently use? Let me know in the comments!
For some reason I always thought the MAKE UP FOR EVER line had makeup brushes in it and good ones at that. Or maybe they did and just retooled (no pun intended) them to perfection, which is what I think they did with this release. Let me introduce you to their Artisan Brush Collection. Designed by Creator & Artistic Director Dany Sanz, this seems like a well thought out selection of makeup brush essentials and it each went through 25 stages of creation and was hand-crafted by 30 people from start to finish over a 5 year time period. Let’s take a further look ...
There’s pretty much nothing better than a super bright eyeliner and leave it to the masters MAKE UP FOR EVER to put out one that makes eyes pop. The Aqua Eyes color #52L Pearly Green Lagoon. It’s part of their Aqua Summer 2013 Collection and they know how to do summer! This blue green sheen shade is perfect and these stay on the lids. How does it stay? From the evaporating silicone emollients and microcristallin waxes. Yup, I have no idea what those do except that they seem to work. $19 @ sephora.com.
MAKEUP FOREVER’s Aqua Rouge are some of my fave long-wearing lippies and they just came out with this super bright one as part of their Summer 2013 Collection, #16 Fuschia. If you like ‘em bright, this is one to check out.
Have you ever been scared of a beauty product? I mean, you look at it and have no idea how to use it. That’s what happened when I looked at MAKE UP FOR EVER’s Aqua Brow. I must have picked it up and looked at it about a dozen times before actually trying it out. What’s been wrong with me??! I guess I just wasn’t ready to experience this product.
Anyway, this Aqua Brow is a highly pigmented liquid that is for filling in areas of the brow and also to help lengthen and define them. I love how long it lasts and I’m able to get a more realistic look using this with a slanted small brush than with a pencil.
Available in Light Blonde, Blonde and Ash. I’m a dark brown and I’m using the Blonde and it works perfectly as I don’t want brows that are too dark.
$20 @ sephora.com.
The MAKE UP FOR EVER line of Fall 2012 products is not disappointing. Take this Black Tango Palette, for example, it was only a matter of time before they housed a few of the Aqua Cream Shadows in a palette and I am simply loving this one.
I figure the best way to highlight some of the fall products that are coming out/out already, I’d break it down by part, so let’s focus on the lips in this feature.
I think MAKE UP FOR EVER took a while to get on the “this lippie ain’t coming off until I take it off” bandwagon but they are officially on board with their new Aqua Rouge. It’s one of those color on one side and glossy-gloss on the other that lasts and lasts and last and I loved the two colors I tried shown here, #8 Iconic Red and #14 Light Rosewood.
Click after the jump for more pictures and swatches.
What do you need to make sure you have on hand this summer to look great at all times? Here are some suggestions. From L to R clockwise:
A Quick Way to Clean Your Skin - SIMPLE Soothing Facial Toner - $6.99/6.7oz @ simpleskincare.com – Witch Hazel, Pro-Vitamin B5 and chamomile help calm and rebalance the skin.
An Anti-Aging Sunscreen – AMWAY Artistry Time Defiance Day Protect Lotion SPF 15 - $64.10/1.7oz @ amway.com - protects skin with their own Artistry Defense Complex 4 anti-aging ingredients while protecting from UVA and UVB rays.
A Summery Scent To Tie It All Together – ESCADA Especially Escada EDP Spray - $62/2.5oz @ sephora.com – a fruity flowery mix of pear, rose, Ambrette Seeds, Ylang Ylang and musk.
A Bronzer to Boost My “It’s Summertime!” Look – PHYSICIANS FORMULA Bronze Booster - $14.95 @ physiciansformula.com – a little here and a little there help brighten and accentuate the face.
A Won’t Budge Eye Shadow Primer - MAKE UP FOR EVER Eye Prime - $19 @ sephora.com – I used this one to test out yesterday’s shadows and it really made a difference.
To Keep the Eye Area Hydrated – BASQ Cucumber Tea Soothing Eye Gel - $24/.5oz @ basqnyc.com – cucumber and green tea soothe the area around eyes.