Browsing It Cosmetics
1. FRESH Sugar Sport Treatment Sunscreen SPF 30 ($25 @ fresh.com, sephora.com) – Since it’s in a stick form, you can slide it in your purse and never worry about spillage. Now there’s no excuse for not wearing SPF, right?
2. IT COSMETICS Heavenly Luxe You Sculpted! #18 Contour & Highlight Brush ($34.50 @ itcosmetics.com) - So why don’t I have a brush like this in my collection? I didn’t realize how much I needed one in this shape until I saw this one! Isn’t that always the case? Love this one for (trying) to sculpt my cheeks and to brush under the jaw line.
3. KISS USA Ruby Kisses Matte Lipstick in Red Mangrove ($2.99 @ kissusa.com) – Wait, did you even know this brand made anything beside lashes and fake nails? I didn’t! I saw a few YouTube videos raving about their matte lipsticks so I had to try them and they are really all that. If you like a little moisture with your matte lippies then these are for you and how about that price?? I picked mine up at my local beauty supply store.
4. BENEFIT COSMETICS Dandelion Shy Beam Liquid Highlighter ($26 @ benefitcosmetics.com) – This is such a nice matte pinky nude highlighter that can be use anywhere on the face. Lately it’s been ruling the tops of my cheeks.
5. CLINIQUE Pep-Start Eye Cream ($26.50 @ clinique.com and sephora.com) – I’ve never needed an eye cream more than in the last few months for some reason. #aging. This one is light on the skin and on the purse strings. It hydrates, depuffs and really seems to wake me up.
6. ELIE SAAB ‘Le Parfum Rose Couture’ Eau de Toilette ($80/1.6oz, $108/3oz only @ nordstrom.com) – Anything rose always welcomes springtime for me and I’ve worn this one non-stop since I got it. Orange flower, jasmine, rose nectar, vetiver, sandalwood, patchouli, mandarin tree blossom, gardenia and warm honey rose. Every note says feminine.
7. TARTE COSMETICS Rainforest of the Sea Wipeout Color-Correcting Palette ($45 @ tartecosmetics.com, sephora.com) – You don’t need to suffer from any kind of discolorations on your skin anymore! Color-correcting is all the rage for a reason. It works! This one has 6 creams shades to get your skin on point.
Disclosure: Some of these items were provided for review purposes. Some I bought.
One of my all-time favorite brow liners is now in a super skinny casing. IT COSMETICS Brow Power Super Skinny ($24 @ qvc.com) and I believe it’s replacing their YBBB Your Brows But Better. This original liner was a universal shade in that the harder you pushed while applying, the darker the color would appear. What they’ve done here is created a pencil for each hair color: Auburn, Blonde, Dark Brown, Grey, Medium Brown, Warm Blonde.
These were my favorite beauty products for February! See any you’ll be trying?
From L to R:
EYLURE Brow Crayon in Nº 20:Mid Brown $8.99 @ ulta.com.
L’OREAL Infallible Pro-Last Lipcolor in Continual Crimson $12.99 @ drugstore.com.
IT COSMETICS Hello Lashes Extensions $24 @ itcosmetics.com.
NUDESTIX Lip & Cheek Pencil in Flesh/Soul $24 @ sephora.com.
ULTA Oval Blending Sponge $2.49 @ ulta.com.
Disclosure: Some of these items were provided for review purposes. Some I bought.
It seems like every makeup photo I see on Instagram tags Anastasia’s DipBrow in the list of products used. It’s definitely reach cult status in the short time it’s been out, I wasn’t completely blown away by it in the handful of times I’ve used it. So in my quest to find my Hall of Fame brow liner, I bring you IT COSMETICS’s new Build-A-Brow 24hr Waterproof 5-in-1 Micro-Fiber Crème Gel Stain ($26.36 @ qvc.com).
Did it end my quest? Click after the jump to find out!
It's a foundation showdown between Laura Mercier and IT Cosmetics! Two that seem to be very similar but one may have something a little extra, so who will take it? See the details on each below!
First up --
What It Is: A 12-hour wear, oil-free foundation that blurs the appearance of imperfections for a smoother-looking complexion. What it does:Laura Mercier’s lightweight foundation leaves skin with a natural-looking matte finish. It works on all skin types, visibly evening skintone and minimizing the appearance of pores. Infused with Hydro-Brilliant Technology, featuring reflective waters and natural silica that create brilliant color-true shades, it is humidity-proof, sweat-proof, and water-resistant for longer, carefree wear. Available in 24 shades.
Do yourself a favor this week and give your makeup brushes the once over. Do you have the ones you need? Do you like them? Are there ones you need to toss? If you need to pick up some new ones, I recommend giving the new Heavenly Luxe Brushes that just came out from IT COSMETICS a visit.
Made from synthetic hair, the brand really seems to have looked at what kind of brushes we women need or what’s missing in the market place. Here are my favorites from the collection:
1. Dual Airbrush Concealer Brush ($24) – this is a great one for the purse as it comes in its own case. One side is fluff for buffing color on lids and the other can also be used for shadows but as the name states, also concealer under the eyes (they could have done better with the cap on this side though. It catches some of the bristles and bends them when I put it on).
2. Mega Fan Brush ($48) – for applying bronzer under the jaw or for using powders. Still getting used to wielding this one!
3. Wand Ball Powder Brush ($48) – this one’s fibers measure 2” long at their longest and is so soft! You’ll get a nice application of face powder with this one.
4. Pointed Precision Complexion Brush ($38) – get into any creases and harder to reach areas like around the nose with this pointed baby.
5. Flat Top Buffing Foundation Brush ($48) – I can’t resist a flat-top brush as I feel like I have the most control with one.
6. No Tug Dual Eyeshadow Brush ($24) – the longer bristled-side will become your go to eye shadow brush! It’s the perfect size and everything. The shorter side is great for smudging.
7. Tightliner 10-in-1 Dual-Ended Brush ($24) – one side is an angled brush to help get color in between lashes and the other side is for lining the water line with color.
8. Jumbo Powder Brush ($58) – they say the bigger the brush, the closer to … ok, wait, that’s heels, but if you like a big luxurious brush, this is your answer.
So tell me, now that you’ve looked at your brushes, will you be picking any of these up?
All @ itcosmetics.com.
1. MOTIVES Mavens Sculpt Series - $35 @ motivescosmetics.com
2. IT COSMETICS My Sculpted Face Contouring Palette - $38 @ nordstrom.com
3. MAKE UP FOR EVER Sculpting Kit - $48 @ sephora.com
4. REVLON PhotoReady Sculpting Blush Palette - $12.99 @ amazon.com
5. ANASTASTIA BEVERLY HILLS Contour Kit - $40 @ macys.com
At first I thought these were these but they’re not. These new ones are the gel formula you love and only find in a pot form now in a liner form - IT COSMETICS 'No-Tug' Waterproof Gel Eyeliner. You read correctly! You love the gel eyeliners and IT has put them in a pencil form! File this under #whydidntsomeonethinkofthisearlier?
The “no-tug” tag in the name is totally accurate as these just glide on, so much so that I dare you to apply this with one hand and not use your other one to hold the lid taut like we all usually do! You won’t skip a beat with these.
Shown here in Black and Brown, the Black formula is one of the darkest black liners I’ve seen in a looong time. And speaking of long, I actually had a hard time removing these from my lid after a full day of wear. I guess because it’s waterproof, it stays on extra well so must make sure you have an extra good eye makeup remover so you’re not rubbing and tugging a lot in the eye area, which is not recommended.
And one last cool trait? Pull at the other end and off comes the sharpener.
Choose from 10 different shades for $22 @ itcosmetics.com.
Disclosure: Samples of these items were provided for review purposes.
So far in 2014, highlighting and contouring has to be the hottest trend right now and makeup companies are hearing the rumbles and putting out products to make it easy to do just that.
Take this one from one of my favorite lines, IT COSMETICS. Their just released My Sculpted Face contains 6 waterproof powders to be used to contour and sculpt your way to a natural look. I think I first got turned onto it after seeing the Allure magazine’s 2013 Blogger of the Year, Cara Brook from Maskcara and her Hac-ing demonstration. I tried it a few times with different products and just couldn’t seem to find the right mix of colors. Maybe I wasn’t choosing the right shades? Or maybe I just need more practice! Either way, I’m quite fascinated with the whole thing and was excited to try this one from IT.