Alas, we come to the end of our four-part feature on great products that contain HONEY as an ingredient. Did you know that dark-colored honey, like buckwheat honey (didn’t even know there were different varieties), has higher levels of antioxidants than the lighter-colored varieties? Think of it as white bread vs. wheat bread. Check out some of these other posts from this on-going feature to see even more benefits of honey. Amazing!
- JUARA Tamarind Tea Hydrating Toner ($27/4.75oz @ dermstore.com)
- INANNA Foaming Oat & Honey Facial Cleanser ($14.50/1.2oz @ inannaherbs.com)
- BEAUTIFUL KIDS NATURAL PRODUCTS Sassy Gentle Shower Gel ($8.70/8oz @ sassysfantasyworld.com)
- KATHLEEN LEWIS Organic Lip Balm ($11/.5oz @ beautyexclusive.com)
- BOOTS 'Mediterranean' Orange Chamomile & Honey Body Wash ($6.99/6.6oz @ target.com)
In closing, here’s an interesting fact about honey: One common misconception about honey is that when it gets cloudy and crystallizes, it has gone bad. This is not true--in fact, all honey will crystallize over time. The rate of crystallization is determined by the makeup of the nectar. Some honeys will crystallize in just a few days, while others will remain liquid for years. If honey begins to crystallize, it can be liquefied by placing the container in hot water for about 15 minutes.