1. KERASTASE Forme Fatale Voluptuous Blow-Dry Gel ($35/4.2oz, $182.1oz @ kerastase-usa.com) – for some reason I’ve been into having quite big hair these days and since I’m not that great at teasing my hair (it just doesn’t last!), I’ve been relying on this blow-dry gel to get me there and it has the bonus of UV and heat protection.
2. SCHWARZKOPF Igora Expert Mousse ($13.95/3.2oz @ amazon.com) - give your current color a kick with this one. This colour mousse lasts up to 8 washes and is super easy to use – just apply to towel-dried hair, leave on about 20 minutes and jump back in the shower and rinse. My color is 5-88 (light brown red extra) and it gives my hair just the right amount of boost without the commitment. Choose from different 13 shades!
3. SALLY HERSHBERGER 3-in-1 Volumizing Spray ($12.99/8.5oz @ cvs.com) – Since I want to keep my red hair red for longer than a few weeks, I rely on dry shampoos a lot. And this new one is infused with caffeine so I guess you could say it really gets my hair moving! Ok, not that funny but this does give strands some volume and texture to get you through the day.
4. FROM THE LAB Transforming Hair Cleanser No. 724 ($19.95/5oz @ fromthelab.com) – this one is 180 degrees from what you’re used to using on your hair in the shower. First, it doesn’t lather up, which might not be comfortable for some people but I’m telling you, the final results are worth it. It uses raspberry stem cell extract (to nourish the scalp), Andiroba Oil (for its omega-3 fatty acids), vitamin E, Castor Seed and Almond oils to do all the work – shampoo, condition and detangle. Yup, all in one!
5. REDKEN Move Ability 05 from the New Flex Collection ($19/1.7oz @ redken.com for salons near you) – I’ve often been tempted to cut off all my hair just so I can use all the pomades, waxes and sculpting gels out there but, sigh, I like it long. But with this Move Ability 05, I don’t have to! It’s a light cream-paste that I’ve been using to define the ends of my hair after blow drying.
Disclosure: Some of these items were provided for review purposes. Some I bought.