Kick It Up with Glitter Liners from Urban Decay
If you’re reading this post, you’re probably a pretty big fan of makeup and have probably worn or tried your hand at wearing glitter. It can be tricky for sure as fall out can be annoying if you don’t apply it with a medium. URBAN DECAY probably has your easiest answer with their Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner ($20 @ urbandecay.com, ulta.com). It’s a super-fine glitter suspended in a water-base formula that is buildable. There are 13 available here and I’ve swatched 11 of them here for you.
As far as how these performed overall, once they dry down, they set nicely and don’t move, flake or shed.
From L to R (pic taken in sun):
- Gamma Ray (bright blue and silver glitter)
- ACDC (bright purple glitter)
- Distortion (iridescent glitter)
- Midnight Cowboy (gold glitter)
- Grind (lt pink iridescent glitter)
- Punk Rock (iridescent brown glitter)
- Pyro (iridescent and silver glitter)
- Spandex (deep blue-black with iridescent glitter)
- Glam Rock (silver glitter)
- Stix and Bones (iridescent maroon glitter)
- Catcall (pink glitter)
The actual formulas are interesting. Some of them have colored water-based solution and some have a clear water-based solution. Colors like Punk Rock, Spandex, Stix and Bones and Catcall have a tinted liquid with the glitter and the others look to be just colored glitter in a water-based liquid. Both types have a use so see the descriptions above.
As you can see from the picture above, the brush is super thin, which is great since I tend to like to apply just a hint of glitter liner when wearing but you can run the liner across your skin over bigger areas and these are not just for lining eyes! I’m not sure where else I’d put liner but if you have a way, please share in the comments!
Click the below link to see up close images of these liners.