SPORNETTE makes some of my favorite brushes. Their new collection of Coco Tourmaline Nylon and Boar Bristle brushes do double duty. The nylon tourmaline tips on the boar bristles make for excellent styling while it conditions your hair at the same time. The ceramic barrel speeds up the drying time! They named the collection Coco after the pretty chocolate brown barrel. It comes in 3 sizes: 2” diameter #1500/$13.99, 2-1/4” diameter #1505/$14.99 and 3” diameter #1510/ $15.99 @ spornette.com.
Browsing Posts from November 2007
Why miss big time with your man? You can’t when it comes to soap. They all use it and need it. One mine will be getting this year is MISTRAL Men’s Bar Soap in Cedarwood Marine ($14/8.8oz @ amazon.com). It’s a triple milled quality soap made with Shea Butter, and extracts of Green Coffee and White Ginseng. And the fragrance of this one? All man! Cedar wood, eucalyptus, amber and forest.
These SKIN AN APOTHECARY products smell and feel so good, they make me dream of lying down in a field of poppies, or at least a bathtub full! They've totally won me over with their Soy Body Wash in the addicting Poppy fragrance ($15/16oz). And, being the scrubbing junkie that I am, the Poppy Sugar Glow ($21/16oz) takes front and center in my shower this week. It’s full of wonderful hydrating oils and when you use both of these, don’t be surprised if you find it difficult to get out of the shower! But the Poppy Body Whip ($25/16oz) should help you jump out.
When you can still smell a fragrance in your bathroom at the end of the day, you know it’s a keeper. I’m addicted, so I guess I’ll have to try their many other fragrances. All @ skinanapothecary.com ~Lisa
This is our last installment of Red, Red Lips and we have some serious ones on this list. Just do me one favor when it comes to red lipsticks, don’t let the look in the tube deceive you from trying what could be, your perfect shade!
- NARS Lipstick in Jungle Red ($23 @ net-a-porter.com) – this is one bright red! It’s matte and very pigmented.
- MAC new Mattene Lipstick in You Say Tomato ($14.50 @ nordstrom.com) – semi-matte bright orange-red. For the experienced only!
- SHISEIDO The Makeup Perfecting Lipstick in Red Luxe ($22 @ sephora.com) – you need sunglasses when you put this shade on. Bright and creamy. Proceed with caution.
- DIANNE BRILL COSMETICS Lip Lingerie Lipstick in Cuban Heel ($28 @ beautyhabit.com) – when I think of this line, I think of this rich cocoa red. Deeply pigmented and it’s one of those that is lighter red on lips than it appears.
- URBAN APOTHECARY Big Fat Kiss in Smirk ($20 @ urbanapothecary.com) – part gloss part lipstick. This is a warm glossy red that will make your lips look wet.
- SCOTT BARNES Lip Suede in Crystal ($24 @ scottbarnes.com) – thick and rich pigment. Scott doesn’t mess around with sheers. This is a serious girls’ red lipstick.
- OPI Lip Color in St. Petersburgundy ($10 @ opi.com) – this is a deep burgundy red, like a shade you see on a model in a magazine. Pair with a pearl necklace and your look is ready.
- TRISH McEVOY Flawless Lip Sheer Lip Liner in Rouge ($20 @ nordstrom.com) – for perfect precision with any red, use a pencil to line. This rosy red is not too dry or oily and it stays put.
- LIPSTICK QUEEN Lipstick in Rouge Sinner ($18 @ bloomingdales.com) – "all pigment and no shimmer or frost" is their tag line. This is a serious dark red.
- SHU UEMURA Rouge Unlimited Red Collection in #195 ($23 @ shuuemura.com) – they are so confident about their formula for red, they came out with a whole collection of them. This one is silky and on the sheerer side.
- SUKI COLOR Pure Cream Stain in Vermillion ($36.50 @ sukipure.com) – this glass pot is filled with pure deep burgundy wine pigment. Swipe this creamy mineral color on lips, cheeks, everywhere. Very sheer.
I got so much more than I ever dreamed I would the first time I tried this is a super star at home mask. MALIN + GOETZ new Detox Face Mask ($38/4oz @ malinandgoetz.com and bloomingdales.com) not only produced timely results but the smell of the natural almond extract calmed me immediately. The thick formula feels good going on the skin and afterwards it felt firmer, smoother, lifted and plumper! Amino acid hydration technology (their description) translates to adding stable vitamin c, vitamin e and soy protein to address concerns for aging. Oxygenation cleansing agents deep pore cleanse and lift out all the impurities. There is zero irritation and it is safe for all skin types. You really need to get this one! ~Lisa
Think purple is too much for some occasions? Then try its cousin Mauve. In addition to purple wine, green moss, and nude shimmer, mauve is kicking up quite a storm in fashion this fall. The best trait about the shade is that is can be a focus color or blend in the background. Here are our picks for our fourth color pick for the fall, Mauve:
DURI COSMETICS Nail Enamel in All About Mauve $5 @ duri.com
LORAC Lip Polish in Delicious $17.50 @ sephora.com
MAC Lip Liner in Dervish $12.50 @ ulta.com
- VON NATUR Lip Colour in Lovage (discontinued)
SUSAN POSNICK Colorforever Long Lasting Lip Color/Conditioner in Janis $24 @ ronrobinson.com
KIEHL’S Lip Gloss in Icy Everest $13.50 @ kiehls.com
BARE ESCENTUALS bareMinerals 100% Natural Lip Color in Ripe Fig $15 @ macys.com
ORLY Nail Lacquer in Not Your Mama’s Mauve $7 @ orlybeauty.com
SCOTT BARNES Creme Color in Sultry $24 @ scottbarnes.com
MILANI Powder Mosaics in Honey Kissed $7.49 @ walgreens.com
SEPHORA Nail Polish in #37 $4 @ sephora.com
BOOTS No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick in #75 Sugar Plum $9.99 @ boots.com
NARS Lip Lacquer in Sweet Charity $23 @ saks.com
Show you really care with FOOT PETALS Stiletto Stylist Kit ($44.95 @ dermstore.com). I challenge you to insert these pads into your stilettos at the next holiday party and then dance the night away. They really take the load off. Available in Buttercup, White Lily and Black Iris (shown here).
Each contains: 1 pair Tip Toes, 1 pair Killer Kushionz, 2 pair Strappy Strips, 1 pair Heavenly Heelz, 1 pair Haute Heelz, 2 pair Sole Stopperz.
BLISTEX has come a long way from the glass pot with the yellow top that I remember (was that Blistex or Carmex? I can't remember but it was a good one). New to the line is their Lip Infusion Sheer Liquid Balm ($2.89 @ walgreens.com). It has all the lip benefiting ingredients you should come to expect: SPF 15, deeply penetrating and this one has no waxy feel to it. What I really like in addition to the minty smell is the roller ball tip that applies just enough of the formula evenly on lips.
MOLTON BROWN just came out with a new HairTreat collection just in time for the Holidays. Since I am such a sucker for a good hair mask, I automatically gravitated towards the Reawakening Mer-Rouge Hair Hydramasque ($30/6.6oz). It bathed hair in amino acids, vitamins and dulse sea extracts. I don't think my hair could have taken one more day of wind or the tugging and pulling of styling. So just 15 minutes and my hair is back to normal. Do something nice for your strands today.
There's also a Depth Charge Seednoir Prewash Hair-Therapy ($30/3.3oz) and Shining Starbloom Haircondition & Detangle ($20/6.6oz) in the collection. All @ moltonbrown.com.
I am really loving these BOOTS No7 Quick-Thinking 4-in1-Wipes ($6.99/30 pack @ target.com). I recently went on a motorcycle trip through Albuquerque and back to Los Angeles and these were my saving grace as I could only pack a backpack on the bike.
Each thick wipe cleanses, tones, removes makeup and moisturizes. What does the work? The pro B5, natural witch hazel and fennel. Perfect for any traveling you have to do this season!