I know it’s a little early to be talking holidays but keep this next one in mind, or rather, start making your Christmas list with this next one right at the top. RED BY KISS Contoured Pedicure File & Toenail Clipper Duo ($4.99 @ walgreens.com) will keep feet smoother than a baby’s bottom or rather, feet. I don’t know one female or male that won’t thank you for this one.
Browsing Posts from September 2007
I love when dreams come true. My dream in this case is that a candle I had came in a fragrance form ... and it does! How many times does that happen? PENHALIGON’S Lily & Spice Eau de Parfum ($85/3.4oz @ shoplondons.com) is such a striking scent. It’s the same notes as the candle so if you can picture fresh lilies and sharp spices, you have this scent. So unique and perfect for fall.
- Watch your lips grow with JOEY NEW YORK Collagen Boosting Lipstick in a stunning dark crimson berry cream lipstick called Later. Smooth and plump those lips up! Perfect for medium to dark skin tones. $18 @ joeynewyork.com
- Follow the red brick road to RAMY BEAUTY THERAPY Lipstick in Thrive! Avocado Oil keeps your lips moist and soft. Excellent on medium to dark skin tones. $17 @ ramybeautytherapy.com
- VINCENT LONGO brings the rich drama of the glamour era to your lips with the dark red/dark pink semi-matte Velvet Riche Lipstick in Ignition. Lots of pigment and beauty! $23 @ beauty.com
- BENEFIT COSMETICS sticks it to you with their Silky Finish Lipstick in Frenched. The texture is between a gloss and lipstick and is one of those you can build more color the more swipes you apply. This cherry red gives off a lot of shine. $16 @ benefitcosmetics.com
- Fair skinned beauties … yes you can wear red lipstick! CLINIQUE Long Last Soft Shine Lipstick in Red, Red, Red is definitely one to try. It’s lasts a long time and feels lightweight. $14 @ clinique.com
- Slow Burn is the name of this gorgeous true blue red aptly named Perfect Lipstick! In its sleek black lacquered case from the from the Very Sexy Line at ViCTORIA’S SECRET, you will love to swivel up this classic crème formula. $12 @ victoriassecret.com
- Infallible Never Fail Lipcolour from L’OREAL is hip and chic in its two step, two sided silver plastic case. Long lasting color on one side, a soothing balm on the other. It does stay on and on and even has a built-in mirror. Try the color Crimson (deep red with a touch of wine) and smile pretty. $6.99 @ ulta.com
- The SEPHORA brand calls their Cream Lipstick No. 94 a Classic Red. It’s a creamy light (semi-sheer) true blue/red in a soft cream formula. Perfect for you “beginner” red lipstick wearers. $10 @ sephora.com
- It’s a lip stain, and a gloss and Scarlett is its name. LAURA MERCIER correctly named the color of her new Lip Stain in Scarlett. Use your hands and put as little or as much as you like and press into your lips. This has a satin, balmy finish…long lasting too. $20 @ sephora.com
Space NK will be the exclusive US carrier of the UK skin care brand INA. The cornerstone of the line is White Gold Crystal Salt sourced from the Himilayan mountain region. They claim the crystals have the same electromagnetic frequencies as the human body, creating a natural resonance that allows them to penetrate cell walls and be metabolized.
The colors in STILA's Fall 2007 Fantasy collection sum up the seasons warm rich feeling. And each of their A Tale of Enchantment Palettes ($32) comes with its own Agate, which is long believed to give mystical power to the wearer. Here's the breakdown of each palette.
Laguna Agate - blue velvet case with sheer silver blue, electric blue-green shimmer, gunmetal silver shadows and rosy pink blush
Madagascar Agate - brown velvet with sheer peachy bronze, rich bronze and warm dark brown shadows and rose gold blush
Moss Agate - green velvet with sheer champagne, khaki shimmer green and dark green shadows and warm coppery brown blush
And for super color for the lips, Long Wear Lip Color ($18) is eight shades of fab in a twist up stick. No sheers here, just deeply pigmented colors like Paramour, a deep plum red and Coquette, a soft rose sheen. All @ sephora.com
It comes in a silver box, wrapped just like a precious jewel. From the Sensai Cellular Performance line of KANEBO, comes the holistic anti-aging Eye Contour Balm. This silky rich eye cream is not only a luxurious treat for the eye area, but more than that, the anti-aging ingredients help tremendously with dark circles, dullness, puffiness, sagging and fine lines and wrinkles. You feel an immediate tightening effect as soon as the cream sinks in! Treat yourself to lustrous skin that retains the sensation of silk. $95/.52oz @ bergdorfgoodman.com ~Lisa
Soap, soaps, soaps, what’s not to love? Big bars of cleaning goodness and there are so many types to choose from these days. One of the kings or rather queens, in the case of this particular product, of the gourmet soaps is Pittsfield, MA’s BLUE Q. Never have I seen a line of goodies carried in so many different types of retail stores - make a point to look around the next time you are in a party goods store to a high end card store. They simply have something for everyone. On the top of my shower stand this month is their Mental Case Prima Donna Soap ($7.99/5oz @ blueq.com). Lathering up some White Tea and Rose Hips in the morning is a pleasant way to wake up in the morning.
I have a habit of hording cool candle boxes and now Blue Q soap boxes. Help!
Since 1851, KIEHL’S has been bringing us fine quality skin and hair care and they’ve just introduced a Rice & Wheat Volumizing Hair Care duo. As always, it is infused with lots of natural goodness: natural hydrolyzed rice protein, wheat protein, honey, Jojoba seed and rice bran. I did get lots of volume, but without the usual dryness that sometimes accompanies volumizing products. This duo is excellent for thin and fine hair. It smells fresh, detangles, smooth split ends and hair appears fuller and thicker, while keeping the softness. Rice & Wheat Volumizing Shampoo or Conditioner $18/8.4oz each @ kiehls.com ~Lisa
The TESS line conducted research with hundreds of teens and their mothers to find out what teens wanted and needed in a skincare product line. And what they came out with is a full range of products that address every need. But heh, some of them are good for us gals in the next generation too. I love to try masks on the weekends and these two next TESS masks were absolutely great for my skin. Mask O’ the Month? I think so. And right now you can purchase an unbelievable deal and get two for $20! The Go Undercover Strawberry Soothing Face Mask feels cooling and hydrating on the skin and You can even leave it on overnight! The Magic Mud Mask Eucalyptus Face Mask absorbs oil and purifies but it doesn’t leave your face feeling dried out like some made of mud can. As a matter of face, my face felt as soft as it did after using the Go Undercover Mask. Why should teens have all the fun?? $20 for both 4oz masks @ tessskin.com ~Lisa
Private Eyes from EDWARD BESS is making its debut at Bergdorf Goodmans on September 29. This kit is a collection of five hand-pressed eye shadows and two mascaras. You may be familiar with his line of lipsticks that came out last fall called, Lip Wardrobe. The products are only available at Bergdorfs.